Saturday, August 28, 2010

Deck Building Tips: For Beginners

Well, the worst of the sickness is over; all that's left is tons of bedrest. Also, I've been put on W101 probation for the rest of the day, for gamin' with a fever. Haha, sorry Mom.

So since I can't do anything else, I decided to make a (kinda) random blog post, my own lil' list of tips for all you aspiring wizards out there.

1. Fill your deck with only what you need.
I learned this one the hard way. I used to pack my deck with every card I had, so street battles took an insane amount of time. In fact, it never occured to me to take out the excess cards--until level 39. Yeah, common sense isn't so common in my head :)
So for example, if you had to fight Fire Elves on Firecat Alley, only put in fire shields and any 2nd rank spell so you can finish them with one hit (but also include Pixie, just in case). Don't bother with 3 pip spells because it's excess damage you don't need.

2. Don't include Infections, "Reduce threat on Target" spells, Taunt, and Stun Blocks.
Wizard City creatures don't heal or stun, Taunt will get you killed, and "Reducing Threat" doesn't do much at all.
Note: #2 doesn't apply to the Warehouse. But that's a different nightmare altogether ;)

3. Don't invest your Training Points in a different school just because they do more damage.
Take me, for example. I am Life, and used to have Myth as a 2nd to make up for Life's lack of power. At lower levels, when power pips are non-exsistant, that tactic works. But around level 30, it just isn't worth it because
1) No extra damage to your 2nd school from your equipement
And...
2) Why wait 5 turns to cast Minotaur when I can cast a Centaur in 4? (yes, I'm talking 'bout those power pips. BTW, power pips are the yellow pips that stand for 2 pips, but only for your school spells. By Magus level, your Power Pip percentage is pretty dependable).
By my level then, I could get my own school's spell out faster while doing more damage (from Blades and/or equipement boosts).

Hope those tips were helpful! Now I'm going to take a little nappy....
[][]JGR[][]

No comments:

Post a Comment