Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Review of Celestia

Well, the blogosphere and twittersphere(?) has been abuzz with the latest news: Celestia's much anticipate release into Live Realm. 

All in all, I am loving this new world. It offers a refreshing change of scenery from gloomy Dragonspyre, complete with mob animations that can rival a ninja pig's, a new level cap, more challenges, and new fashions. 

Difficulty level: Definitely met my expectations. It's nice to fight a cheating boss instead of the tedious routine we've aquired in Dragonspyre. Also, the mobs are every bit as capable as wizards are, which I think makes questing a whole lot more fun (my lazy side begs to differ).

Humor: Ever see a shark die? Yeah, I didn't know they could do ballet either.

Fashion: I am appalled. Taken aback. Horrified. Whatever. I am not feelin' the Celestian clothes. But hey, we've got time to get used to them and since I'm too cheap to stitch, I'm gonna have to.

Gear: Amazing. Before, we had incoming/outgoing heal, power pip %, health, and mana-giving athames and rings. But they were kinda scattered all around. Now, there's gear that combines them all together ( epicsauce) and you can get new gear that resists other schools (double epicsauce).

Crafting: New rank-grandmaster crafter. 
I used to think crafting was a waste of time and gold, since none of the crafted gear trumped the junk at the Bazaar. And when I came to Celestia....oh boy, was I wrong. Go see for yourself. I was especially taken by the craftable amulets. There's one with a Saytr AND Regenerate on it :D And one with a Triton (triple epicsauce). 

I give it 9.5 out of 10, only b/c of a few glitches in CL. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment